Anybody use Trimble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngbuck89

I have been researching if a trimble system would be a good investment for our company. We are a 15-20 guy company who does mostly commercial and industrial work. Box stores, government buildings, small healthcare, etc. Anybody use trimble or something similar? What are your thoughts on this?

esox39

Just did a lot of research myself on the same subject. I liked Trimble's Accubid but I went with Conest. I liked the layout better and I am very happy with my choice.

Canton

Occupation
Electrician
I was thinking more of the layout system. For laying out points in the field.

Its great! Our company has two. No more snapping chalk lines and going off control lines. Coordinates with CAD and uploads for field installation. You will never stub your pipes up out of the deck and miss the wall or end up on the wrong side.

They have training that goes with it. Its a full day, I recommend taking it.

Canton

Occupation
Electrician
Is it cost effective for a smallish company?

Define small company? If you are a really small company I can't see you doing large enough jobs to justify the expense for the equipment. Old school layout, chalk lines and control lines would be adiquit for those jobs. But it is a great tool if you can get it.

Ravenvalor

Is it cost effective for a smallish company?

I am a very small 2 - man company and while I like the Accubid T&M Billing that I have been using since 2007 I find it too cumbersome interacting with accounting software in which I happen to use is Quick Books Pro. Every week I have to transfer the accounting data from Accubid into Quickbooks. Not all of the data gets transferred accurately due to user error so I have to check and recheck my transfer which means valuable time wasted. I am planning to discontinue Accubid and do my billing from Quick Books Pro this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.