2 elevator switches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darekelec

Hello.
I have to install 2 fusible switches 400 amp 3ph 240V LOTO indoor next to each other but I have only 48" of space in width. Can you suggest me some equipment for that? Maybe some switch with front handle or stackable? Model number would be helpful. Or any other solution?
Thank you

69gp

Hello.
I have to install 2 fusible switches 400 amp 3ph 240V LOTO indoor next to each other but I have only 48" of space in width. Can you suggest me some equipment for that? Maybe some switch with front handle or stackable? Model number would be helpful. Or any other solution?
Thank you

Not sure how they do inspections for elevators in NY but in MA the handle has to be within 18" of the locking side of the door and you cannot stack them. At the discretion of the elevator inspector they may allow you to mount the switches side by side. The elevator room at least in MA is more or less laid out for the elevator mechanic. CH does make a 400 amp fused disconnect that is 23" wide so you may be able to squeeze them both in. But I would find out from the elevator company and inspector beforehand.

69gp

[h=1]Eaton DG325NGK 400A, 3P, 240V, GD Fusible Safety Switch, NEMA 1[/h]
you might need shut trip might want to check. Also sometimes you need an additional set of contacts within the disconnect for shutting off the 110 volt cab lighting.

I do a lot of elevator work in Maryland and I like to use an enclosed circuit breaker in a NEMA12 enclosure. The NEMA12 enclosure gives you a handle like a fused disconnect and is a lot smaller than a fused disconnect.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
[h=1]Eaton DG325NGK 400A, 3P, 240V, GD Fusible Safety Switch, NEMA 1[/h]
you might need shut trip might want to check. Also sometimes you need an additional set of contacts within the disconnect for shutting off the 110 volt cab lighting.

Weird. Around here if we have aux contacts they signal the controller to disconnect the battery backup, but elevator guys would freak out if the cab lights were disconnected with the elevator itself. I'm not sure what positive purpose that would serve, since the cab light disconnect is required to be next to the elevator disconnect anyway.

Interesting to hear how they do things in other parts of the country.

iwire

Staff member
I am in MA and have never seen aux contacts used to control cab lights. Always a seperate fused disconnect switch for cab lights.

69gp

I am in MA and have never seen aux contacts used to control cab lights. Always a seperate fused disconnect switch for cab lights.

yeah you guy are right the aux is for the battery back up or the Boris or is it 2 r's. Got a little carried away.

Status
Not open for further replies.