Working with Utility company's performing lighting retrofitting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuzukiBKing08

Hello everyone,

This seems like a great forum with a lot of answered questions so I wanted to join, introduce myself and ask a few questions. (I had a few paragraphs typed up but lost it..so I'll keep it short and to the point)

I am a Master Electrician of 30 years, working in every part of the industry from commercial to residential service work. For the past 5 years I have been performing lighting retrofit jobs for companies ranging from 100 to 4000 fixtures. In between jobs I typically work just by myself and with a helper going back to service work.

My questions is, what are the first steps to take to get in with a few utility companies, in my case BGE and PEPCO to work directly with them for the utility rebates? Estimating the lighting job, getting the customer the rebate information and then performing the work? I've been doing the lighting gig a while now for other companies- now looking to perform the whole job from the bid all the way through completion of the job. I'm sure it will take time to drum up some work but was looking for some advice on here.

I'm just unsure on the utility rebate part of it. Thanks in advance and hopefully some people can chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.