Fire alarm books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
Not so much code related. Thinking more as in terms of designing and troubleshooting refrences

• Fire Alarm Signaling Systems Handbook
  • Understanding and Servicing Alarm Systems
These are two that are on the Florida Contractors test list. The first is OK, but much of the technology is older, unless it has been revised since I took the test. The second is more generic to all alarm systems including fire alarm but not specifically.

Aft that, I recommend reading back articles in ECM magazine and getting your hands on operating and instruction manuals for any and all fire alarm equipment you can. You can learn a heck of a lot from those.

fireryan

• Fire Alarm Signaling Systems Handbook
  • Understanding and Servicing Alarm Systems
These are two that are on the Florida Contractors test list. The first is OK, but much of the technology is older, unless it has been revised since I took the test. The second is more generic to all alarm systems including fire alarm but not specifically.

Aft that, I recommend reading back articles in ECM magazine and getting your hands on operating and instruction manuals for any and all fire alarm equipment you can. You can learn a heck of a lot from those.

I'll check it out. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.