2014 NEC code changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Maintenance Manager for a production plant we have been discussing when we will have to start complying with the 2014 NEC code changes. I have been through Mikes class on NEC changes also have the training course CD set. I can not find an article or code that states when we must comply to the changes. Thanks for any information you can give me on this

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
.... I can not find an article or code that states when we must comply to the changes. Thanks for any information you can give me on this
The NFPA is not a law making body. They can't make anybody comply with any edition of the NEC. It is up to a legislative body, usually at the state level, to adopt whatever edition they want and make it law.

iwire

Staff member
As a Maintenance Manager for a production plant we have been discussing when we will have to start complying with the 2014 NEC code changes. I have been through Mikes class on NEC changes also have the training course CD set. I can not find an article or code that states when we must comply to the changes. Thanks for any information you can give me on this

You are still officially using the 2011 NEC.

Talks are in progress about adopting the 2014 NEC.

See this link for more info http://www.ok.gov/oubcc/

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
The NEC has to be adopted by a governmental agency, typically this is by each state, but larger cities will often have their own adoption schedule. In Washington the 2014 NEC was effective July 1, 2014. Our state agency has a very informative email newsletter and perhaps OK has the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.