Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Balancing conductors

Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    That method doesn't "self bond" the two enclosures together in any way at all

I do agree with the suggestion of "window" between enclosures butted against one another or a wireway between enclosures if you can't get a large enough raceway to fit.
    nope, but a short piece of wire can easily bond them. The terminal adapters provide a nice smooth transition in the panel with minimal intrusion. Might not be the best in your eyes but I have found it to be a great method.
    At my age, I'm accustomed to restaurants asking me to pay in advance, but now my bank has started sending me their calendar one month at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by augie47 View Post
    nope, but a short piece of wire can easily bond them. The terminal adapters provide a nice smooth transition in the panel with minimal intrusion. Might not be the best in your eyes but I have found it to be a great method.
    Just trying to rough you up a little, no harm intended. I have done that and is a great method sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by augie47 View Post
    You still have to have all your hots and neutrals together in the same hole.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by windingelectric View Post
    You still have to have all your hots and neutrals together in the same hole.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Yes you would need to have each set of phase conductors, neutral and EGC going through each corresponding nipple. That's why I would not use nipples if I wanted to keep the conductors grouped together by phase.
    Rob

All responses based on the 2014 NEC unless otherwise noted

Quote Originally Posted by infinity View Post
    How long are the nipples? If the panels are next to each other then I would just cut in a window or instead of nipples I would use a wireway between the two then you can orient the conductors anyway you want.
    8" nipples

yea i like the window idea but I like having some space in between panels .

wire wat would be nice but you know Forman fastest done usually trumps it .

thanks for replys

Quote Originally Posted by liquidtite View Post
    8" nipples

yea i like the window idea but I like having some space in between panels .

wire wat would be nice but you know Forman fastest done usually trumps it .

thanks for replys
    Fastest done isn't good enough if there are code violations though.