Electrical question

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricalist

This sounds like a service call at a company use to work for.
Send you to figure out something that's easier to just redo , send you with half of what you need to make it productive, then give un specific details to fix it.
The stress is killing me.
WHATS THE ANSWER?

under8ed

I think you are on right track and some have given processes that should work doing just what you have started on - but there is a return trip to the first level - but in the OP it only says to do this by going up the stairs once - nothing about having to come back down before you have it all figured out.

I didn't see where anyone else was using the actual ohm readings other than continuity. If they are pre numbered as I did it seems you could determine the wire numbers with one trip up by identifying the largest resistance. Remove that last wire and repeat. The one grounded would be to determine which end you are working from. I'm on a short lunch break now, still havn't checked on actual details, but it seems it could work.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I didn't see where anyone else was using the actual ohm readings other than continuity. If they are pre numbered as I did it seems you could determine the wire numbers with one trip up by identifying the largest resistance. Remove that last wire and repeat. The one grounded would be to determine which end you are working from. I'm on a short lunch break now, still havn't checked on actual details, but it seems it could work.
Similar method has already been posted... but figuring it out on your own would help you retain it if you ever actually need to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.