Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 210.52(C)(3)

Quote Originally Posted by mwm1752 View Post
    I would agree the wording is describing the left drawing but it is interesting that the NEC commentary uses the right side drawing for an example. Puts inspectors in a controversial setting.
    If by commentary you mean what is in the NEC handbook - remember that commentary is the author's opinion and not an official NFPA interpretation. Is in many ways no different then Mike Holt publishing the things he does, he just isn't writing anything with NFPA's name on the cover also.

I also think the way the wording was changed the left drawing is compliant, don't know if that was the intent, but that is how it turned out.

Drawing A

I agree that Layout A is correct from the two different 2017 Code update classes I have taken so far. That is what is being taught.

Wait a minute!........it would appear that the refrigerator receptacle is with-in 6' of the kitchen sink......I don't see a "G" identifying it to be GFCI'd 🤔 Neither are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by mopowr steve View Post
    Wait a minute!........it would appear that the refrigerator receptacle is with-in 6' of the kitchen sink......I don't see a "G" identifying it to be GFCI'd ������ Neither are correct.

I believe those graphics were made before the code required gfci for non counter receptacles in a kitchen