Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you install this light?

You cut them directly into a drywall ceiling, sans can, but those arent going to work with 3/4" furring strips over concrete hard deck; no room for the driver. If you can mount the drivers remotely they might stand a chance.
    Electricians do it until it Hertz!

Quote Originally Posted by Coppersmith View Post
    Anybody know how to install this thing? My client handed me a bag of them. It has a low voltage transformer. Not sure where the transformer goes. It needs a j-box for the power wiring. Can those leads go in a j-box? Is the whole thing supposed to go in a j-box?
    We have something that in my home office but it has a suspended ceiling and the transformer can go above that.
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.

So if I was installing in a standard attic space would I: (1) make a hole in drywall and clip light in hole, (2) lay transformer on top of drywall, and (3) install a j-box next to hole inside attic and run transformer leads into j-box with a NM connector?

Thats how I would do it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

How do you install this light?

very carefully.

made you laugh. tomorrow afternoon is miller time. enjoy.

I'm still not understanding answers

Run the cord that is input to driver through a strain releif of some sort (probably not romex connector but something with a gland) and wire nut to romex inside junction box?

this does not sound right.

Enclose driver in junction box so cord leaving driver (lo-volt) goes through notch in box?

Anyone have a picture of one already installed?
    Dave Ruth
    Ready Electric

I really still don't think these should be installed in ceiling. Unless in a very large junction box with 6" hole cut for the light part to be able to mount with finish side through ceiling and back side is inside large junction box, for example, similiar to can light but much more expensive
    Dave Ruth
    Ready Electric

My supplier has those as well as another type. The other one can be installed under a ceiling joist. Great for those jobs where you hit a joist or truss. Pops right in and it has a jb attached. Both are retro units

There is no way to install that can shown because you need a jb and the driver etc is probably more than 3/4"

the little xfrmer looks like it is ready for a cap, and those vary around the world.
    it appears you need a outlet and a cap on that cord, plug 'er on in.

Saw some that looked a lot like that not long ago. HO bought them at some place called LED King. They were made in China, and not UL (or any other listing agency) listed. On this one, I opened up the little "driver" box and there was nothing in it -- the wire just ran straight through and was tied in a knot inside. So it would be feeding 120V power straight to the fixture. The wire had no markings or ID on it. Told them it was a great way to set fire to their house, and to return them and get their money back. They did, and bought a recessed can light, UL listed.