Above Ground Pool Graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Someone asked me for a good installation graphic regarding an above ground pool above 42". I searched around Mike's stuff but couldn't come up with a comprehensive graphic however I did find this one on Google and was wondering if it's accurate under the 2011 NEC:

h1G9j.png

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
What about bonding the pool water?

Well there are many things left out that we assume when looking. If there is rebar or metal structure in the pool it would need bonding. The pool water would not need bonding if the metal ladder is bonded as stated.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
The graphic shows the above ground pool with no rebar and the requisite four connection points of the bonding grid to the metal pool frame. If the ladder is non-conductive what would you use to bond the water?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
The graphic shows the above ground pool with no rebar and the requisite four connection points of the bonding grid to the metal pool frame. If the ladder is non-conductive what would you use to bond the water?

The ladder is metal so it is conductive however if it isn't then there are device that are installed in the piping by the motor that will meet the requirements for water bond

Here is an art about this http://ecmweb.com/contractor/debate-deep-end

frontphotos.jpg

011ecmDEpic2.jpg

This metal fitting, which is in contact with the pool water, meets the minimum conductive surface area (9 in.2) bond required by 680.26(c).It is physically located inside the pump house in the pool water return pipe. (Photo courtesy of Electric Power Research Institute)

Status
Not open for further replies.