Low voltage lighting and controls challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetrosA

I've got a customer who's redoing a house. I was told today that there's now going to be a new bathroom built. Actually, not a bathroom, but a shower that doubles as a bathroom, or is it a bathroom that doubles as a shower? Anyway, imagine a small room that will serve as both a bathroom and a shower with nothing dividing the space. Shower splash will most likely be able to reach anywhere in the room. Now for the challenge.

Because basically the whole space is within reach when you're standing under the shower head, there's really nowhere to locate switches or a receptacle that won't have to be splash proof. Are there any options for waterproof low voltage lighting controls that could control an on/off or dimmer switch or both that could be mounted in the wall off the shower area that would control my fan, overhead and vanity lights and artwork lighting as well? I'm pretty sure I can find the LED lights to light the space, but I would really rather not have to locate all the switches outside of the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.