do they sell an affordable

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor
90 a 3 pole contactor that is normally closed
That really requires no power to the coil

I used to repair and service those mechanically latching ASCO lighting contactors but mechanically latching looks really expensive nowadays

I do know a cool junk man =)

It's 208 3ph 8A of motor load
66 amps of three pole incandescent lights that
will probably change to LEDs and go away

In belief, man can do anything

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor
I'd like something quieter and less prone to nuisance. This is after a slam switch and
if the coil drops out now for any reason - like a power blip - it will need a key to reset
c786990a94703aab2572f431fdeb01bd.jpg

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor
Just a normally closed one, you wouldn't think that would be any more expensive than the NO

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor
Would be quieter and require less maintenance because that little coil wouldn't be pulling 24 hours a day. There's a special widget invention business opportunity moneymaker for those entrepreneurial inclined

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor
I would love a three pole switch that just opened with 110 V closure. I could wire in a buzzer and keep a helper there to throw it

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I would love a three pole switch that just opened with 110 V closure. I could wire in a buzzer and keep a helper there to throw it

3 pole circuit breaker with a Shunt Trip coil then. You'd have to turn it on manually, but hitting it with 115V on the ST coil will open it.

Don't need it to be a breaker? use a "Molded Case Switch" (non-automatic circuit breaker), which is a CB without the tripping elements inside.

If you want one, send me a PM. I have a leftover brand new 125A MCS sitting around looking for a home that I'll sell cheap. No shunt trip, but its a brand new Siemens version that you can buy a ST coil for and install it from the front in the field, very simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.