Thread: Bright led strip light

Bright led strip light

Looking for a high lumen strip light led. Its for a ten foot by five foot closet. It will provide lighting for a customer to look at clothing and im not sure what kelvin is best for proper lighting.

The fixture will be mounted well away from any clothing so a surface mount is acceptable.
    Four footer or six footer.... 120 volt... I would appreciate any ideas or feedback..

Thanks
    .....Still just happy to be here.....

There are several LED strip lights. I would just look for a name brand and get the 5K.
    Last edited by Little Bill; 08-11-17 at 09:19 PM.
    If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Bill View Post
    There are several LED strip lights. I would just look for a name brand and get the 5K.
    Wouldn't a higher lumen be brighter?
    Last edited by Little Bill; 08-11-17 at 09:20 PM.
    .....Still just happy to be here.....

Quote Originally Posted by shputnik View Post
    Wouldn't a higher lumen be brighter?
    Yes, but the color temperature also affects the perceived brightness.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Huntington Beach, CA (19 Hrs. 22 Min. from Winged Horses)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDigger View Post
    Yes, but the color temperature also affects the perceived brightness.

5000 K is daylight, so colors come out correct.
    ~New signature under construction.~
    ~~~~Please excuse the mess.~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Fulthrotl View Post
    5000 K is daylight, so colors come out correct.
    Yes and no. The psychology of color vision makes people uncomfortable with a daylight spectrum inside
    For clothing and makeup you ideally want to be able to switch between the two, since they may need to look "good" under either type of light.
    And even though the single axis measurement of color temperature says daylight, the peaks and valleys in the spectrum do not necessarily say that to our mind!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldDigger View Post
    Yes and no. The psychology of color vision makes people uncomfortable with a daylight spectrum inside
    For clothing and makeup you ideally want to be able to switch between the two, since they may need to look "good" under either type of light.
    And even though the single axis measurement of color temperature says daylight, the peaks and valleys in the spectrum do not necessarily say that to our mind!

Never heard psychology come into this before but makes sense. I can't stand to be in areas with 5000K light sources, but natural daylight doesn't bother me.

Natural daylight is what it is on this planet. If our sun were a different temperature, what we call daylight would not be the same as what we call it right now. Daylight does vary some with weather/atmospheric conditions, and even closer to sunrise and sunset then what it is at mid day.

superbrightleds.com ----- this is where I've bought. You can call them and discuss your application, and they'll put together a cart and email it to you for purchase. Very simple and I've always had good results.

I'd look at the variable temp LED's; they have a wall controller switch to adjust the color temp and lighting level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.