Quote Originally Posted by cowboyjwc View Post
    ok I give what's the IIRC?
    If I Remember Correctly.
    Electricians do it until it Hertz!

Some say If I Recall Correctly.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JFletcher View Post
    If I Remember Correctly.
    oh then in that case you were incorrect. Two layers of 5/8's on both sides with a 2/4 or steel stud in between is a two hour assembly. Not the only way, but the most common.
    I can build anything you want if you draw a picture of it on the back of a big enough check.

There's no substitute for hard work....but that doesn't mean I'm going to give up trying to find one.

John Childress
    Electrical Inspector
    IAEI / CEI / C10
    Certified Electrical Inspector

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyjwc View Post
    oh then in that case you were incorrect. Two layers of 5/8's on both sides with a 2/4 or steel stud in between is a two hour assembly. Not the only way, but the most common.
    I may not. I may be thinking the ceilings were double rocked. I'll have to check to see if there are any 2 hr wall assemblies using less than 2 5/8" drywall on both sides; maybe they were 1hr, or rockwool insulation.

There is one wall here:

https://www.buildgp.com/GypsumAssemb...x?ShowAll=True

Double rocked on one side and single on the other with a 2hr rating, only with metal stud, resilient channel, and using "ToughRock® Fireguard C® Products
    DensArmor Plus® Fireguard C® Products". That wall also uses just 1/2" drywall.
    Electricians do it until it Hertz!

Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    Have a tele/data closet that has sheetrock. Is there any way this closet could be a 2 hour rated closet if it's sheetrocked? Thought it had to be ONLY masonary/concrete exposed walls to be 2 hour rated. Thanks.
    Before I got into the electrical field worked in telecom/networking for several years. For most of our "add-on" installations to existing data closets, we would usually paint a plywood backboard with a gray colored paint that was fire rated. Its been a while, I don't quite recall the exact name/brand of the paint we would use

Quote Originally Posted by Lock Nut View Post
    Before I got into the electrical field worked in telecom/networking for several years. For most of our "add-on" installations to existing data closets, we would usually paint a plywood backboard with a gray colored paint that was fire rated. Its been a while, I don't quite recall the exact name/brand of the paint we would use
    Something like this maybe? Interesting product, never heard of it till now.

https://flameoffcoatings.com/intumes...esistant-paint
    "Electricity is really just organized lightning." George Carlin

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by jumper View Post
    Something like this maybe? Interesting product, never heard of it till now.

https://flameoffcoatings.com/intumes...esistant-paint
    I believe that is it. What we used may have been a different brand but I think its the same stuff. We would paint the backboards with two coats of that and use "plenum" cable ties if/when required.

Quote Originally Posted by Lock Nut View Post
    I believe that is it. What we used may have been a different brand but I think its the same stuff. We would paint the backboards with two coats of that and use "plenum" cable ties if/when required.
    Or you use this. If you choose to paint it for "belt and suspenders", mask off the label.