Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few questions with upcoming Jman Exam

A few questions with upcoming Jman Exam

I have an exam coming up and looking to be over prepared rather than under prepared. Where would I find the information on Schematics standards as my test will contain 5 questions on schematics. Is there an industry standard? My drawings mostly come with a key but wondering if there is a standard that I could study to be prepared? I am also curious what electrical formulas do you think are must haves? I can write in notes in my book so I will dedicate some blank pages to formulas. Any insight is much appreciated. Thank you for reading!

Does anybody see this?

I have posted a few questions under this education section and the last 2 I have yet to receive 1 reply. Is my account broken or am I stumping everyone? ANY insight is appreciated.

What test are you taking?

Standards vary with what is being depicted.

Schematics usually refer to electronics or control.

https://www.nrc.gov/docs/ML1025/ML102530301.pdf
    Does this help?
    I will have achieved my life's goal if I die with a smile on my face.

The Journeyman Electricians Exam. Here is the content outline posted from the state. I purchased a few study materials from Mike Holt and Tom Henry, The ones in the TH had questions like, What does this symbol indicate on a drawing. The symbol was a black rectangle and the answer was A lighting panel. I am a little stumped as to where I would find the list of symbols they are drawing from or where I could study them. I really appreciate the reply thank you! Content Outline Subject Area # of Items Circuit Calculations (Ohm's Law) 5 Electrical Schematics and Plans 5 Materials and Components 6 Troubleshooting and Testing 6 Massachusetts Amendments 6 Licensing Laws and Regulations 2

For some reason my post format gets all screwy I tried to make it more legible than what you see there.

Quote Originally Posted by crispysonofa View Post
    For some reason my post format gets all screwy I tried to make it more legible than what you see there.
    The forum software does not support word processor type formatting.
    You can use the spacing, indent, and list controls on the formatting toolbar on the text entry screen to approximate what you want.
    If you are trying to do tables, you are pretty much out of luck.
    You can force rigid monospace formatting by using the "CODE" tag.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I had some features disabled in my browser and I think that caused the issue. I checked that PDF and the symbols that I have been seeing differ from it slightly. I do understand schematics as I also study electronics but most of the time when you get a picture on a schematic is also lists the component number such as R12 or C16 or whatever it may be which also gives you some insight into the type of component in question. Maybe these questions are just bogus but I would like to be over-prepared. I already have my resistor color codes in the notes because a good friend got like 3 questions on that in his test. I feel confident on the code but some of these other areas that in the real world you would get a schematic key or index just seem a little seltzer down your pants silly.

I just received my Uglys reference and the symbols were from that book. Thank you for all the insight. I appreciate it!

Thank You!!

Thank you to everyone for the help! I am now officially a Journeyman!

Quote Originally Posted by crispysonofa View Post
    Thank you to everyone for the help! I am now officially a Journeyman!
    Excellent. Congrats.
    "Electricity is really just organized lightning." George Carlin

Derek