Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Separate Lighting and Receptacle Circuits

Quote Originally Posted by Coppersmith View Post
    I almost always run#12 to everything, however I would hate having to separate lighting and receptacle loads.
    I don't do that for lighting. #14 is much easier to work with, especially with complex multi-gang switch boxes, 3 and 4-way switches, etc. And lighting circuits tend to take up a significant amount of wire, so #14 would save money in materials. The third issue is that #12 would fill up switch boxes more quickly than #14, resulting in NEC box-fill issues. In other words, what you could do with #14 and stay within the box-fill limits, you may exceed them with #12 and need to redesign some of the circuits. And since nearly everything is LED nowadays, the lighting circuits would seldom draw more than 5A each, even if all lights on that circuit were turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by jwelectric View Post
    Would this mean they would delete 210.70(A)(1) exception

Who are you? Disappear for years, you don't show up at the big meet in Raleigh.... Hope you are doing well.
    They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
    She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
    I can't help it if I'm lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Alwon View Post
    Who are you? Disappear for years, you don't show up at the big meet in Raleigh.... Hope you are doing well.
    For the big meet in Raleigh.. are you referring to IBMA? If so, I am attending that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Alwon View Post
    That is what happens when you get a real job working for the government. Boss gets to choose which events I attend. When I was working for myself I went when I wanted too but alas when one has a boss things change. Only one year two months left and I will once again come and go as I please
    Mike Whitt
    God answers Knee-Mail.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff48356 View Post
    For the big meet in Raleigh.. are you referring to IBMA? If so, I am attending that!!

No, I was talking about one of the largest conventions on electrical codes in the country. 700 of us whackos show up in April and talk about the electrical trade, codes, etc. It's put on by the NC board of electrical examiners. It is called NC institute

Jwelectric, as well as a few other Mike Holt members, have shown up. Even Mike Holt was there last April

Quote Originally Posted by jwelectric View Post
    That is what happens when you get a real job working for the government. Boss gets to choose which events I attend. When I was working for myself I went when I wanted too but alas when one has a boss things change. Only one year two months left and I will once again come and go as I please
    We3ll, it is nice to have you back.