Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Labor Units / Estimating Software

Estimation

I purchased Estimation and on the very first bid I was so high I choked. I dumped the data base and found TONS of errors.
    Some like what you mentioned, some on multiple runs of conduits. The worst was under ground multiple conduit runs/banks.
    Then just the opposite when getting above the floor.

I remember there were several ways to correct these items. One was the data base, one was in the assemblies and one was at the end of take off multiply up or down. I used the data base as it also corrected the assemblies. Took about a week and then we started hitting on jobs. Before I was done I had over 100 custom assemblies that I used for my estimating.

Quote Originally Posted by Belevolk View Post
    I purchased Estimation and on the very first bid I was so high I choked. I dumped the data base and found TONS of errors.
    Some like what you mentioned, some on multiple runs of conduits. The worst was under ground multiple conduit runs/banks.

I remember there were several ways to correct these items. One was the data base, one was in the assemblies and one was at the end of take off multiply up or down. I used the data base as it also corrected the assemblies. Took about a week and then we started hitting on jobs. Before I was done I had over 100 custom assemblies that I used for my estimating.
    was this like in '81? That's one of the first estimating systems I ever used

Quote Originally Posted by Belevolk View Post

Thanx Belevolk.
    You are correct, these data bases are national averages, some of which I'm not sure of what nation! For example, what does Estimation say the labor unit for 1/2" EMT S/S w/ one hole straps exposed, say. Most of the software I have used say 2.5/C.
    Now I spent 15 years in the field prior to business. 2.5/C may be fine for home runs, however concealed in M/Stud?? More like 6/C to me anyway.
    In reality, I know expect that software data bases are expected to be edited per one's capabilities.

Unbridled