Westinghouse circuit breaker types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electron_Sam78

Hey all, I'm looking for a Westinghouse 3 - pole, 20 amp circuit breaker cat no QC3020. I keep getting a result in the search of QC2030H. What's the difference?:?
I

cpinetree

Our organization can't make purchases through eBay or Amazon.

Contact any breaker broker, most any one will be able to supply the breaker. They may also be able to tell you what the H designation means and if it is important.
Be aware Zinsco also had a QC type breaker.
Make sure you are specific that it is the Westinghouse / Cutler brand and NOT a Zinsco.

Electron_Sam78

After some more searching I found a site that had dimensions listed for the CH breaker and they exactly match the Westinghouse. So it looks like it is a good replacement.

kwired

Electron manager
After some more searching I found a site that had dimensions listed for the CH breaker and they exactly match the Westinghouse. So it looks like it is a good replacement.
Can't say I am familiar with the product in question, but Eaton/Cutler Hammer has acquired the product lines that were under the Westinghouse name in the past - so they are the ones that would have new replacements if they still make them.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Eaton (Cutler Hammer) bought and absorbed that division of Westinghouse decades ago. They are not like them, they ARE the same breakers.

And yes, the H just jeans it has a higher interrupt rating. No problem using a higher rated breaker in a lower application, just not the other way around. They likely stopped making the lower rates because of low volume.

Electron_Sam78

Eaton (Cutler Hammer) bought and absorbed that division of Westinghouse decades ago. They are not like them, they ARE the same breakers.

And yes, the H just jeans it has a higher interrupt rating. No problem using a higher rated breaker in a lower application, just not the other way around. They likely stopped making the lower rates because of low volume.
Thanks! Good to know

Status
Not open for further replies.