Outdoor kitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbakelis

My question is if installing a sub panel on the outside of the back of an outdoor kitchen is allowed. I've installed electrical for an outdoor kitchen/living space before but never have installed a sub panel on the kitchen. If allowed, is there a height restriction? The kitchen is only 44" or so tall so the bottom of the panel could be 20 something inches from the ground.

Thanks,
Ted

tbakelis

Agreed normally no need. But there are going to be infratech electric heaters. 3000 watt /240 volt. 2-3 of them.

mgookin

My question is if installing a sub panel on the outside of the back of an outdoor kitchen is allowed. I've installed electrical for an outdoor kitchen/living space before but never have installed a sub panel on the kitchen. If allowed, is there a height restriction? The kitchen is only 44" or so tall so the bottom of the panel could be 20 something inches from the ground.

Thanks,
Ted

Can you clarify some details on this outdoor kitchen?
Is it on wheels?
Is there a permanent knee wall?
Couldn't this panel be located elsewhere and just feed the outdoor kitchen?

We do lots of them in Florida. We call them "summer kitchens". Besides refrigeration and the cooking you speak of, ice machines are popular too.

tbakelis

Kitchen is located 50' from 200A panel. No where to mount near by. I thought about 2 4x4s into the ground and mount to that, but home owner looked at me like I was nuts (he was right, bad idea). So back of BBQ only place left.

Cinderblock built kitchen
15' long. Rectangle shape

Fridge
Ice maker
BBQ
Disposal
2 backsplash receptacles
1 overhead low voltage lighting transformer
2 - 3000 watt / 240 Volt heaters

kwired

Electron manager
Kitchen is located 50' from 200A panel. No where to mount near by. I thought about 2 4x4s into the ground and mount to that, but home owner looked at me like I was nuts (he was right, bad idea). So back of BBQ only place left.

Fridge
Ice maker
BBQ
Disposal
2 backsplash receptacles

Two choices, run multiple circuits even though they are a little long, or run a feeder.

Apparently HO doesn't want to have what it will take to have a place for a panel so option 1 seems to be the only choice, until maybe you tell him the cost difference anyway.

mgookin

Fridge
Ice maker
BBQ
Disposal
2 backsplash receptacles

A weatherproof panel mounted on the block knee wall sounds fine.

geraldjoseph

Suggestion

Suggestion

I don't think their would be any restriction on height limit while putting a sub panel in your outdoor kitchen .I would love to see your Outdoor kitchen work .

Status
Not open for further replies.