String/Rope EC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

If your running empty conduits when would you install pullstring as opposed to rope? Tele/Data cables get string, feeders get rope? I knowthe spec calls for pull strings in empty conduits for tele/data but I?m thinkingabout when your running a duct bank and there are some spare conduits. Wouldyou install rope? Thanks.

69gp

If your running empty conduits when would you install pullstring as opposed to rope? Tele/Data cables get string, feeders get rope? I knowthe spec calls for pull strings in empty conduits for tele/data but I?m thinkingabout when your running a duct bank and there are some spare conduits. Wouldyou install rope? Thanks.

all depends on what the specs for the job require. Most call for just a pull string.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~

mule tape. it won't cut the pipe, can be used for measuring and pulling
most lighter pulls, and generally won't break.

i have mule tape in every conduit before backfilling or slurry. without exception.
i also don't tape up conduits. i use pvc caps.

when i finished pulling out my current job, i had about 3 wheelbarrows worth of
mule tape. money well spent. the backhoe and slurry bill for this job was over $200k.
how far would the money spent on mule tape go towards fixing a pipe you couldn't get
a rope thru? after the rainstorm that dropped over a foot of water in 40 hours, there was
a lot of silt, everywhere. i'd already pulled the big feeders, but there was 5,000' of 2"
that would have been a bitch to blow lines in after the flood.

for people i've worked for in the past i've spent over a day trying to re fish a pipe that
the string broke, and the pipe was over 500' long, and had silt in the pipe.

CT Tom

No.

Just pull string... which is used to pull in the rope.

Rope is reused for other pulls. Pull string is cheaper and typically gets tossed after pulling in the rope.

This. Even when utilities require a rope for them to pull, I won't pull a rope in until the morning of the pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.