Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 Seprate Conduit Runs?

Quote Originally Posted by jumper View Post
    Guess I am a hack then.

Join the crowd...

Quote Originally Posted by cdslotz View Post
    I bet a dollar to a donut that those specs allow MC only in furred walls and fixture whips, ....just a guess
    The tags on those circuits show 3/4"C ......do you just ignore that?
    The dwg also clearly shows running two separate conduits yet the consensus seems to be that requirement should be ignored in favor of running just one. And why does it need to be #12? Maybe you could get by with #14. How far are we willing to go on cheating on the requirements in the specs and the dwgs?
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by petersonra View Post
    The dwg also clearly shows running two separate conduits yet the consensus seems to be that requirement should be ignored in favor of running just one. And why does it need to be #12? Maybe you could get by with #14. How far are we willing to go on cheating on the requirements in the specs and the dwgs?
    Because the tags say #12...what is the point to this statement?

mrlucky74 already stated they were coming from the same panel, according to the schedules

I bet a dollar to a donut that those specs allow MC only in furred walls and fixture whips, ....just a guess
    The tags on those circuits show 3/4"C ......do you just ignore that?
    It also leads me to believe there is a 3/4" minimum spec....

Just as an in-house company policy, we do not run MC home runs, and we use a hard pipe main trunk for MWBC's with J-boxes and drops to furred walls and up to fixture whips

MC cable is allowed above hung ceilings.
    We don't run MC homeruns either. I'm talking about pipe from panel to a box close by then MC 150' to another box by the equipment then conduit to the equipment.

Because running MC 150' in a commercial building is hack imo...probably is against the spec too...
    Why would it be against the spec to run MC above a hung ceiling....whether 50' or 200'?

Because the tags say #12...what is the point to this statement?

mrlucky74 already stated they were coming from the same panel, according to the schedules
    because if you are going to ignore one thing on the dwgs for your own convenience why can't you ignore anything you don't want to do, especially if it still meets code.
    Bob

because if you are going to ignore one thing on the dwgs for your own convenience why can't you ignore anything you don't want to do, especially if it still meets code.
    What was I ignoring? I was complying.....

Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    Why would it be against the spec to run MC above a hung ceiling....whether 50' or 200'?
    If your spec allows MC above the ceiling...no problem.
    I was merely guessing...based on the tags on your drawing...EMT is required....jeezus

What was I ignoring? I was complying.....
    I was referring to the idea of running only one conduit instead of the two shown on the drawing.
    Bob

#12 is the minimum conductor size in mrluckys jurisdiction.
    Rob

All responses based on the 2014 NEC unless otherwise noted