Long home runs.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wiring a new construction home where the home owner wants the main panels in the basement. Consequently, most of the heavier loads will be on the other end of the home. The dryer hr is 90ft. The water heater hr is 95ft. Range and double oven hr's are 70ft. Would you guys be concerned about the voltage drop on the hr's?

John120/240

VD might be an issue, but in new residential construction it is usually overlooked. For ease of wiring it is always easier to run one larger conductor across the whole house landing in a sub panel., then your multiple branch circuits can be that much shorter. IMO

electricalist

I agree with the others vd should be ok and a sub panel will surely be worth it.
A guy used to say " less wire means less work" so any thing that saves multiple runs will be worth it.

mwm1752

If concerned oversize your HR the finish the branch circuit with regular sizing -- IMO those lengths are not concerning with branch circuits having multiple openings -- now if you have a dedicated circuit might be concern but easy enough to calcilate VD with known references.

mwm1752

I'm wiring a new construction home where the home owner wants the main panels in the basement. Consequently, most of the heavier loads will be on the other end of the home. The dryer hr is 90ft. The water heater hr is 95ft. Range and double oven hr's are 70ft. Would you guys be concerned about the voltage drop on the hr's?

Dryer & Water heater 24a-10gacu Approx 5 volts drop = 2% Range 40a-6#cu Approx 2.5 volts = 1.1%

Status
Not open for further replies.