Sill Plate Covers required?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
The ones I got back in the 80s/90s would come with a big lump of duct seal to seal them up but I doubt that did as much as several layers of paint they get coated with over time.

PetrosA

Of course you haven't isn't Lancaster a Amish area?
that would be if you were bringing electric to a home:lol:
Sorry couldn't resist.

I've only started working in the Lancaster area in the last year or two. Before that it was Philly suburbs since about 1985 with a 14 year break while I was out of the country. Back in the 80s/90s we did tons of 30A/60A>100A upgrades and I never once saw anything like these sill plates in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lancaster or Montgomery counties. I just don't think it was ever used in this region. I'll be asking about them at the supply houses to see if any of the older guys know what they are.

Are they used on all types of materials? (i.e. brick, stone, stucco, wood/vinyl/aluminum siding)

mopowr steve

Occupation
Electrical contractor
Actually, I had never used them neither but had a job a while back that I thought I would use one on. I knew they existed and my supplier actually had them ( with 20 years of dust on them ) and it came with a little dab of duct seal stuck to it ( naturally all dried up ).
I believe they could be used with any wall material.

PetrosA

I asked one of the counter guys who I know has been around a while and also worked in the trade at some point. After a few hints and a few minutes of head and chin scratching, he did remember them but from 25-35 years ago and he seemed to think there was only one or two jurisdictions that wanted them. None in stock now.

Status
Not open for further replies.