Incomplete GFCI history chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnatalie

Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
You need a 2014 line. The rules for the kitchens changed in 2014 to require receptacles within six feet of the sink even if not on the countertop to be GFCI protected.

Couldn't post a comment on the newsletter itself, gives some goofy database error in response.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Unfortunately the chart that was posted by mike holt was done years ago and only covers up to 2005. It was not done by mike but by By Jerry Peck and Norm Sage. I think Mike thought we may be interested in it so he posted it

rnatalie

Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
So what good is it? It ignores the changes in the GFCI in the code in the versions that most of the country is using.
At least they should fix the PHP errors that bars people from pointing out that it is misleading. I'd expected better...

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
So what good is it? It ignores the changes in the GFCI in the code in the versions that most of the country is using.
At least they should fix the PHP errors that bars people from pointing out that it is misleading. I'd expected better...
So why don't you update it and post it here?

Roger

iwire

Staff member
So what good is it?

It does exactly what it promises, it provided the history of GFCI requirements.

It ignores the changes in the GFCI in the code in the versions that most of the country is using.

First off many areas are not using the 2014 NEC and some areas may never adopt the 2014,

Secondly everyone installing electrical work should own the current code for their area.

At least they should fix the PHP errors that bars people from pointing out that it is misleading.

It is not an error, those sections of the forum are for Mike to post in.

I'd expected better...

And I would expect a person to know the difference between history and current code. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.