Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Lithonia Bluetooth LED trims

New Lithonia Bluetooth LED trims

Just got an email on this today from my supplier.

http://news.acuitybrands.com/US/All-...9-19216b5ee9f6

I've seen Bluetooth speaker trims, but none with an LED inside also. Says they can be installed on dimmers, and last up to 6/hrs with the lights off. You can link up to 8 of them.

$85/ea.

Edit ..... Home Depot has them for $70. hmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

You can also get A type bulbs with Bluetooth speakers inside. Have not tried them.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I have a Bluetooth exhaust fan in my own bathroom. I bought it and installed it just out of curiosity.

I've got numerous Bluetooth speakers, and I have Bluetooth connectivity on my car stereo.

One thing I know from experience, is that Bluetooth technology changes. And devices of tomorrow probably will not connect with Bluetooth technology of today

My old phone still connects to my 2-year old car stereo, but my new phone does not

What is the point of battery instead of using wireless control to shut off the light and leave the speaker running on utility???

Quote Originally Posted by Electric-Light View Post
    What is the point of battery instead of using wireless control to shut off the light and leave the speaker running on utility???
    Existing installations ...?

Imagine a room with 8 existing recessed fixtures. You want to retrofit two with these.

Quote Originally Posted by James L View Post
    I have a Bluetooth exhaust fan in my own bathroom. I bought it and installed it just out of curiosity.

I've got numerous Bluetooth speakers, and I have Bluetooth connectivity on my car stereo.
    I mean really? How about a Bluetooth toilet too? Where does it end? I'm waiting for the World Health Organization to declare cell phone addiction the #1 health crisis in the civilized world.

-Hal

Huntington Beach, CA (19 Hrs. 22 Min. from Winged Horses)
    Quote Originally Posted by hbiss View Post
    I mean really? How about a Bluetooth toilet too? Where does it end? I'm waiting for the World Health Organization to declare cell phone addiction the #1 health crisis in the civilized world.

-Hal
    ahem. the NEO toilet has a hard data cat 5 connection, so it can do urinalysis
    when you pee.

it can then email you if anything is amiss. no, not that you missed. it doesn't
    grade for accuracy. it looks at blood sugar, and occult blood in the stool.

accuracy in aiming is another issue.

note: not available outside of japan. US $11,000 or so.

hey. you asked.
    ~New signature under construction.~
    ~~~~Please excuse the mess.~~~~

Halo - Cooper/Eaton has wireless Zigbee !

Quote Originally Posted by Sierrasparky View Post
    Halo - Cooper/Eaton has wireless Zigbee !
    Just googled that .... I see they have wireless remote controlled trims. I'm not such a fan of that stuff; I don't understand why people don't just a z-wave type switch to control the loads instead of buying wireless lamps.

I've got another home integration system coming up in a couple of weeks I'll show you guys that uses RF lighting controls. It's going to be pretty cool. Here's a peek of the rough in .....

If you have a multiple bulb fixture it can be nice to control each bulb separately instead of dimming the whole fixture. We did that for our bedroom ceiling fixture to control which area was lit for different purposes.
    But the bulb communication protocol (GE Link?) was totally unstable to the point of uselessness. Had to be reprogrammed to the hub every few weeks.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk