Thread: Grounding Panels/ Distribution Boards

Grounding Panels/ Distribution Boards

If there are branch panelboards and distribution boards how do they achieve being grounding? By the feeders that feed them? Because(obviously) there are not separate conductors run to a ground bar) Only usually see details like this that ground the main service DIRECTLY to the main ground bar? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Per below I'm not clear by the "ground bushings connected to ground bus by mean of cooper wire". There is never a separate ground wire that goes from a panel to a ground bar.

Equipment Ground detail: All conduits entering service or distribution switchboards, distribution or power panels,
    transformers, PDU’s, and ATS shall be provided with grounding bushings, connected to the respective equipment
    ground bus by means of an insulated copper wire (sized as per code requirements). All conduits entering cable
    support boxes, pull boxes and junction boxes shall be provided with (2) grounding locknuts (1 inside 1 outside the enclosure). All non-conductive paint or coating’ shall be removed from the enclosure at the threads, contact points and contact surfaces unless the fitting provided is designed to make such removal unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    Per below I'm not clear by the "ground bushings connected to ground bus by mean of cooper wire". There is never a separate ground wire that goes from a panel to a ground bar.

Equipment Ground detail: All conduits entering service or distribution switchboards, distribution or power panels,
    transformers, PDU’s, and ATS shall be provided with grounding bushings, connected to the respective equipment
    ground bus by means of an insulated copper wire (sized as per code requirements). All conduits entering cable
    support boxes, pull boxes and junction boxes shall be provided with (2) grounding locknuts (1 inside 1 outside the enclosure). All non-conductive paint or coating’ shall be removed from the enclosure at the threads, contact points and contact surfaces unless the fitting provided is designed to make such removal unnecessary.
    Mod can you move thread to the grounding section. TY

Sounds like they want a bonding jumper from the conduit to the EGC bus via a wire.

Rob

All responses based on the 2014 NEC unless otherwise noted

Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    LARGER image, PLEASE!
    I will have achieved my life's goal if I die with a smile on my face.