Elevator Recall Chicago Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

dexter4000

Have been wondering how to go about this instance.
We got a 5 story building where they need to put a elevator recall only system in. The electricians looped pipe from floor to floor for smoke detectors only nothing else.
I was going to install either a silent knight 5700 panel or a potter PFC-6000 panel. Will this be ok to install with smoke detectors only and to contacts for primary and secondary ?
This is a very basic system. There is no sprinklers in the building nor elevator machine room. The elevator is a schindler.

Thanks you

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
Any of the panels you suggested look to be sufficient for your purpose, although I've never worked with any of them myself. Check the NFPA 72 requirements for recall-only panels. I'm guessing you'll have to send a signal to the building FACP when you get an alarm and go into recall. Also, since you mention that no sprinklers are involved, you'll be skipping the smoke and heat detectors in the hoistway, unless the AHJ otherwise insists on them. You're original post sorta hints that you're considering relay bases for the recall function, but you don't want to do that. Use the addressable relays for the respective systems, and mount them within 3 feet of the elevator controller.

dexter4000

Yeah, we have smoke detectors (SK-PHOTO) on 5 floors in the elevator hallway. No smoke, no heat no sprinkles. So im assuming bassically 2 zones, primary and secondary. The elevator guys did not specify how many circuits they need but based on the building setup 2 are required.

dexter4000

Never programed an Silent Knight 5700 before for this application, only Potter. Has any one here a configuration i can follow for a Silent Knight ?
My supplier had only this ones in stock.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
You might also need a point to operate the shaft vent.

Assuming there is one. The next one I see will be the first one. And in that case you'd need a detector in the hoistway as well as a relay module to trip the vent sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.