Bender1109

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a customer with a 3 phase / 240 volt / 4 wire system. The center leg (red) is 208 volts to 211 volts to neutral or ground. They are interested in a generator backup for Lights, heat, computers and phones (no) 3 phase motors would be required on the backup system.

Question: I would like to install a 2 pole / 100 amp breaker in the panel A & C phase. This breaker would serve as the line (utility side) feed to the automatic transfer switch. From the transfer switch back to a single phase 120/240 volt MLO panel.

We would then transfer all necessary branch circuits into the new generator panel.

The existing Delta system is in good repair we just don"t need to energize any 3 phase motors during a power failure.

Anybody done this?

I have a customer with a 3 phase / 240 volt / 4 wire system. The center leg (red) is 208 volts to 211 volts to neutral or ground. They are interested in a generator backup for Lights, heat, computers and phones (no) 3 phase motors would be required on the backup system.

Question: I would like to install a 2 pole / 100 amp breaker in the panel A & C phase. This breaker would serve as the line (utility side) feed to the automatic transfer switch. From the transfer switch back to a single phase 120/240 volt MLO panel.

We would then transfer all necessary branch circuits into the new generator panel.

The existing Delta system is in good repair we just don"t need to energize any 3 phase motors during a power failure.

Anybody done this?

I see no issue with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.