Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plenum connection?

I don't see why MC would be an issue. As to what about being disconnected, I assume they would normally be connected and only disconnected for maintenance of the shades. (Though I think there should be a better way to do that without disconnecting building wiring.)

-Hal

Quote Originally Posted by hbiss View Post
    I don't see why MC would be an issue. As to what about being disconnected, I assume they would normally be connected and only disconnected for maintenance of the shades. (Though I think there should be a better way to do that without disconnecting building wiring.)

-Hal
    Not the MC that I question, or the metal connectors when connected. It is exposure of the non-metallic parts of the connector when disconnected. I would think exposed parts have to meet the same requirements as a nonmetallic enclosure. See IN in 300.22(C)(3).

I understand one would think the connectors would only be disconnected for maintenance. So? What if disconnected for other reasons? What if a fire breaks out while performing said maintenance? What ifs are all we get before it actually happens.
    I will have achieved my life's goal if I die with a smile on my face.