Quality Harnesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
I am searching for a good quality harness. Part of why I have always hated them is that I have seldom found one that fits me well. Even when I do get the right fit, the buckles keep slipping and binding. I move around a little and either lose straps from my shoulder or get a loop slipping down to my knee.

A junky harness is not a safety item, it is a dangerous POS.

Have any of you found particularly good harnesses? Thanks for any feedback.

under8ed

... lose straps from my shoulder or get a loop slipping down to my knee.

This was a problem for me as well. I eventually realized the problem was my preferred adjustments. Tightened to the point that appears restrictive and a bit dorky is actually easier to work with and it's safer.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
The Sala exofit is what we have standardized on. Easy to put on and adjust. A few years ago a group of us took a Authorized Rescuer 2 1/2 day class from Gravitec in little old Poulsbo WA. They give fall protection classes nation and worldwide. They had many different types and makes of harnesses to try on, most of us went with DBI/Sala. For mine, I have a zippy lanyard that retracts and locks. otherwise you can fall 6 feet before the lanyard starts to stop you.
Heres the website for Gravitec. https://www.gravitec.com/
Impressive facility and great company....

tsloan

i also agree with the DBI SALA recomendation. I have the exofit arc flash harness and coming from someone who wears one almost everyday, its by far the most comfortable one ive tried. and all the padding is removable and washable which is a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.