Smart Phone Belt Holster

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankft2000

What are you using for a holster for smart phones? I don't like the belt clip, because it can come off when crawling around. I like the ones where the belt actually goes through the case as the belt is going on, but I don't see those for smart phones. What do you use?

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
What are you using for a holster for smart phones? I don't like the belt clip, because it can come off when crawling around. I like the ones where the belt actually goes through the case as the belt is going on, but I don't see those for smart phones. What do you use?

I use the Klein Cat No. 55461 works well, I have not had it slip off of my belt.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician

The Otterbox is good but they all have the holster that clips on. I've never had one that doesn't pop off my belt. Sometimes just getting in/out of the van.:rant:

OP is asking about holsters, not the case its self.
I had a good one for the old candy bar and flip phones but I can't seem to find them anymore that a smart phone will fit into.

John120/240

At a steam engine show I saw a leather worker making belts. I had him make me a tri fold wallet for $25. He had all sorts of plier holders, phone cases, knife cases. Custom made might be the way to go. Inquire at your local shoe store or harness maker.

sparkyrick

When I got my first "small" smart phone, I did the holster thing. It dropped lots of times and got trashed pretty fast since the holster stay or didn't keep dirt and debris out. But as the phones grew in size, I gave up holsters altogether and just use my back pocket, just like a wallet. And no, I haven't accidentally sat on it :)

electricalist

My tool bags have pouches on each side. One side I put my phone the other side drill bits and diff drivers.
What I'm seeing more of is Bluetooth stereo headphones. Put them around your neck and when it rings answer

Occupation
Inspector
I have my iPhone 5s in a Lifproof case. I wear the Fire Hose pants from Duluth Trading and keep my phone in one of the pockets down on the leg. This has worked well for me for the last few months.

electricalist

Just found this site and ordered a case for my Galaxy S5

They have the pouches/holsters with belt clips that are not supposed to come off. They call them "police style"
But they also have the belt loop version, which is what I ordered.

http://www.sandman.com/pouches.html#55L
Cool thanks for posting the info, I have had my phone get snagged and fall off many times then have to find it.

I was working in California and a guy had a guy had one of those long key chains that you can put around your neck and clipped on the phone case. It had a break away connection it case it got caught on something.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
When I got my first "small" smart phone, I did the holster thing. It dropped lots of times and got trashed pretty fast since the holster stay or is idn't keep dirt and debris out. But as the phones grew in size, I gave up holsters altogether and just use my back pocket, just like a wallet. And no, I haven't accidentally sat on it :)

Sitting on one takes the fun out of your day. My work pants now have a pocket for the phone about mid thigh. My tool pouch wearing days are limited. The very best spot is the little cubby hole in the dash of my pickup. Makes for a blissfully productive day.

ceb58

I found one at Tractor Supply for $5.00. My i phone is in an Otter box case and it fits perfectly. It will clip on your belt but the way the clip turns up on the end you have to slide it off of your belt you cant just unclip it. Made out of nylon and light to carry.
Found tag from the second one I bought as a spare. They are made by Niteize. www.niteize.com

sparkyrick

Sitting on one takes the fun out of your day. My work pants now have a pocket for the phone about mid thigh. My tool pouch wearing days are limited. The very best spot is the little cubby hole in the dash of my pickup. Makes for a blissfully productive day.

Yeah, I tried the thigh pocket, but I wear my tool belt pretty much all day, so it was kinda inconvenient.

ceknight

.... My work pants now have a pocket for the phone about mid thigh....

Yeah, that. I tried holsters, loops, whatever, then decided that all of my work pants would have a cell phone pocket instead. That has proven to be the only solution that keeps my phone safe from me.

under8ed

I have been using horizontal style cases with belt loops, but they have not held up for very long. I just found & ordered one made of genuine leather from Amazon, hope it does better...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BJOF9MK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~

left rear pocket... put the iphone in one of the slim
leather covers, and drop it in the pocket. i've tried
otterboxes, etc. the pocket, and paying attention
works best for me.

i have broken one phone since i've been using cellphones.
about six months ago, i carefully put my phone down in
the rocks next to a vault i was working shoulder deep in,
and climbed out, and carefully stepped on it.

they make a sad little "tink" sound when they die, i found.

Status
Not open for further replies.