ND Master Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlt63

Hello, this is my 1st time here. I am taking the North Dakota Master Exam soon. Any advice on how I should prepare for, how much on theory, calculations, etc... Any advice would be appreciated.

tlt63

Study Guide

Study Guide

I purchased Mike Holt's Master Library. I am hoping to hear from someone who has taken the North Dakota master exam. All that I know is they made their own test it is not one of them testing firm. In Mike Holt's exam prep there are 2,400 questions or more and not a one of them are calculations. He has a few at the end of each chapter and most of those are no-brainers that you would ask a 1st year helper not someone preparing for the master exam. He states in the videos to practice, but what good does practice do if you are doing it wrong?

lefty

Master Test

Master Test

The test has a closed book portion and an open book portion. There are some calculations on the closed book that are the ones we use in everyday use and just a few of them. The rest are common knowledge questions on the closed book portion. The open book test is on the code and calculations, they also have a place for the code reference to be placed on the answer too, which I believe gives you a half point of extra credit, they will explain it too you when they give the test. Most of the questions on the calculations you could use the annex for the service calculations. The last part of the Master exam goes over the regulations and is open book.

If you have studied Mike's books you should have no problem, the only other master study guide I have used was Stallcup's and that was a few years back. Mike has a reference guide on calculations which would be sufficient. If I can ask, what type of apprenticeship training did you have? If you have been using the code book regularly and have done some residential, commercial and industrial jobs you should not have any problems with it.

When I took the test I could not find to much about it and decided to just go for it, I'm glad I did. The closed book portion I believe makes some people nervous, the closed book portion is just general knowledge of the electrical field. You can download their pdf of the regulations which has a few items that is over and above the NEC which they will have questions about. Their website https://www.ndseb.com/ will have the pdf and other forms.

lefty

Prep for North Dakota

Prep for North Dakota

I've heard very good reviews on this individual by the inspectors in North Dakota, and other individuals who have taken the test. Even though this prep course has passed he will have more, his email is on the flyer.

Attachments

• Marchflyer.pdf
    22.9 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.