lithonia LED wall pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

al borlan

We are replacing HID wall packs with LED wall pack, New LED has a KO in the center which is perfect to match the old installation THHN (90C wire).
Except under the cover one sticker states use only 150C wire and on the opposite side a sticker states use no less than 75C wire.
Do LEDs get that hot to require 150C supply wires?
Confused by conflicting tags in the fixture. No other info in the instructions.

I dont think leds get very hot at all. I would tend to think manufacturer miss tagged one side, but you would have to check with them to make sure. Ive never noticed one with the 150 degree requirement. Are sure that that was not a Fahrenheit rating?

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
I dont think leds get very hot at all. I would tend to think manufacturer miss tagged one side, but you would have to check with them to make sure. Ive never noticed one with the 150 degree requirement. Are sure that that was not a Fahrenheit rating?
I will guess that the same enclosure is used for HID on incan as well as LEDs, and somebody failed to put the 75C sticker *over* the 150C sticker after pulling the part.
Putting the 150C sticker on all the enclosures first is a fail safe CYA measure in case the assembler goofs and does not add a sticker at all.

iwire

Staff member
I will guess that the same enclosure is used for HID on incan as well as LEDs,

Not saying that is never the case but I have not seen it. The lay out and needs of the LEDs are so different from HIDs that the enclosures have been dedicated to LEDs

Now as far as the conductor temp rating on these fixtures ...... I wish I could say I checked.

bewing

LED Wall PAck

LED Wall PAck

LED's do get hot. This is why they come with cooling fins. You will notice this in wall packs if you are able to open them up. Just use the upgraded wire from your j-box into the luminaire itself. You can run common THHN to the box, upgraded wire inside the luminaire.

Status
Not open for further replies.