Non-Twisting Lug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gategator37

My specification requires us to use a one hole, non-twisting lug. I have never seen or heard of a non-twisting lug. I have tried researching this with no luck. Could someone please tell me what a non-twisting, one-hole lug is?

Thank you very much.

david

Never heard of one either. I would ask the individual who is requesting this lug.

I would speculate that would be similar to the lugs you see in most distribution panels the little piece of metal on the bottom of the lug that prevents the lug from twisting from torque pressure while you are fighting the terminal.

Not sure though if that is what you are referring to.

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
My specification requires us to use a one hole, non-twisting lug. I have never seen or heard of a non-twisting lug. I have tried researching this with no luck. Could someone please tell me what a non-twisting, one-hole lug is?

Thank you very much.

Could be talking about a screw on lug. We have used them.

tkb

Thank you very much.

T&B Blackburn makes them
http://www.tnb.com/ps/endeca/index.cgi?a=nav&N=1037+957+4219&Ne=&Ntt=&Ntk=&Ns=p_catalog_number&grid=

Page 23 or F-173
http://tnblnx3.tnb.com/emAlbum/albu...talogs2013/CAT3_Blackburn_Mech_bookmarked.pdf

Last edited:

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I would speculate that would be similar to the lugs you see in most distribution panels the little piece of metal on the bottom of the lug that prevents the lug from twisting from torque pressure while you are fighting the terminal.

Not sure though if that is what you are referring to.

That would be my guess too.

4NLT3_AS01

electricalist

From what I've seen in panels the lugs will be as others stated by the ridge in the back or by multiple securing holes. So the equipment you need them for or the application , should suggest the type that is acceptable for use with. The lugs that come from our supply house( typical mechanical lugs) have no means for non twisting.
What are the lugs for? A panel ,equipment, bonding etc.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
From what I've seen in panels the lugs will be as others stated by the ridge in the back or by multiple securing holes. So the equipment you need them for or the application , should suggest the type that is acceptable for use with.
I usually go with matching name brand parts inside a panel. Really old equipment or working late at night can cause practicality instincts to kick in and overwhelm my idealism.
The lugs that come from our supply house( typical mechanical lugs) have no means for non twisting.
What are the lugs for? A panel ,equipment, bonding etc.
I use them for equipment grounding usually.

Gategator37

I appreciate everyone's quick response. From what I have gathered a one-hole non twisting lug is a lug that has a bottom rib which keeps the conductor from twisting.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.