Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wiring 3 Receptacles

Quote Originally Posted by infinity View Post
    With the number of conductors required for either scenario, then no. Just ensure that the box is the proper size.
    ty

With the number of conductors required for either scenario, then no. Just ensure that the box is the proper size.

How about if this was MC cable and not conduit? Same circuit or 3 diff circuits. Would this be any different? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    How about if this was MC cable and not conduit? Same circuit or 3 diff circuits. Would this be any different? Thanks.
    Since you have separate neutrals then use a single 12-2 MC cable for each circuit.
    Rob

All responses based on the 2014 NEC unless otherwise noted

I must have missed which one this is. And were the separate neutrals required?

If this is 3-phase, you could use a single 12/4 cable to the first box, right? 12/3 to the second, 12/2 to the third...

If this is single-phase, would a 12/4 "super-neutral" be allowed to the first box? It's been a long time since I used that.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    I must have missed which one this is. And were the separate neutrals required?

If this is 3-phase, you could use a single 12/4 cable to the first box, right? 12/3 to the second, 12/2 to the third...

If this is single-phase, would a 12/4 "super-neutral" be allowed to the first box? It's been a long time since I used that.
    Looking back I believe that you're correct I don't see a requirement in MstrLuckys post to suggest that there must be separate neutrals.
    Rob

Looking back I believe that you're correct I don't see a requirement in MstrLuckys post to suggest that there must be separate neutrals.
    Sorry, yes separate neutrals are required. But there are multiple neutral MC cables.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    Sorry, yes separate neutrals are required. But there are multiple neutral MC cables.
    Whew, OK then everything that I've said so far is still applicable to your installation.
    Rob