Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: ,360 degree rule

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Iowegia
    Posts
    17,663
    If there's an engineer involved, why don't the approved plans show a pull point?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,195
    Here the utility pulls to the service point and they don't even allow the 360 degrees in the conduit run. I think they only allowed 270 degrees.
    I can build anything you want if you draw a picture of it on the back of a big enough check.

    There's no substitute for hard work....but that doesn't mean I'm going to give up trying to find one.

    John Childress
    Electrical Inspector
    IAEI / CEI / C10
    Certified Electrical Inspector

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    US
    Posts
    326
    These are all great questions, but I can't even begin to get into the stupidity of this engineers on this job I'll explain one problem. I have to get my SECs 75' from utility to meter stack. In my way are about 10 boilers . So engineers want me to run my conduit (2 sets of 3" RMC ) on the floor and then incase it concrete. The only.route I have I need to put in 50 90s. That's why I'm saying putting a concrete box made for burial on the floor seems ridiculous to me. I can't get on there level and just agree. It's taking evreybit of my dignity lol. Don't know what else to do.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    US
    Posts
    326
    5 90s not 50

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Upstate S.C.
    Posts
    828
    Why not put the service disconnect on the outside wall. The FD's require that and that's the way I do all my designs. Then you can route the conduit from the disconnect overhead, etc.
    It's my name going on that drawing, not yours. If what you want ain't right, it ain't going on the drawings!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NE Nebraska
    Posts
    33,771
    Quote Originally Posted by 480sparky View Post
    If there's an engineer involved, why don't the approved plans show a pull point?


    Make them do their job. OP shouldn't need to ask us such questions if someone else designed it, but is also good he saw there may be problems with the design.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    US
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
    Why not put the service disconnect on the outside wall. The FD's require that and that's the way I do all my designs. Then you can route the conduit from the disconnect overhead, etc.
    Poco will not allow see service disconnect ahead of meters they see it as a potential to steal power

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Athol, ID
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by nickelec View Post
    Poco will not allow see service disconnect ahead of meters they see it as a potential to steal power

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    How does your utility deal with the Code requirement of a disconnect ahead of more than 6 meters/disconnects? EUSERC has a similar rule, but it only states that a disconnect cannot be ahead of a SINGLE meter (cold sequence). Ahead of more than one is up to the utility. Just a comment regarding those western utilities that use EUSERC as their construction standards. Not a Code requirement, that I'm aware of.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NE Nebraska
    Posts
    33,771
    Quote Originally Posted by meternerd View Post
    How does your utility deal with the Code requirement of a disconnect ahead of more than 6 meters/disconnects? EUSERC has a similar rule, but it only states that a disconnect cannot be ahead of a SINGLE meter (cold sequence). Ahead of more than one is up to the utility. Just a comment regarding those western utilities that use EUSERC as their construction standards. Not a Code requirement, that I'm aware of.
    "meter centers" with a service disconnect are likely accepted by most as their "main" is typically designed that they are not all that easy to tap into, but an individual "safety switch" ahead of several meters is easier to tap into and probably not allowed by most utilities.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •