Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Strange Situation.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    5,445

    Strange Situation.

    I was at a job today where that had both the fan motor and light kit on a dimmer (600 W) and it actually seemed to work except for kind of a loud humming noise comming from the dimmer.

    They only had a 2 conductor cable to the fan so I installed a single pole switch and let them use the pull chains on the fan and light kit.

    If they want speed control and dimming I think a remote would be the only option.

    Ever see anyone else try running both fan and lights off a dimmer?
    The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Clark County, NV
    Posts
    186
    First problem I see is that a lighting dimmer wouldn't have a lower limit to keep the fan motor above a certain threshold voltage.

    Maybe only speaking for myself, but it will be difficult to remember what this thread is about because the subject is not the subject.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    5,445
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post

    Maybe only speaking for myself, but it will be difficult to remember what this thread is about because the subject is not the subject.
    Sorry about that, I guess this was more of a rant than a question.
    The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •