Call my self Mr. MH problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Esthy,
That rod has hit rock. Adding conduit most likely will not help unless the rock just happens to split or the rod deflects. You could spend a lot of time fooling around with that bent rod and rock. It would probably be just as fast to do as was suggested and drive another rod at an angle.

Why do you have to drive the POCO rod down?
Have them do that, it's their rod.

Esthy

No, here in this area, poco only do the meters, power out power in, in mobile home parks. The problem with this MH is that this pedestal contain the service wires for 3 MHs and those multiples wires, communication, sewer and others pass by the area where those rods are, it is a complicate area, but I will try something diferent tomorrow and I will let know. See pedestal photo

kwired

Electron manager
You mean no metallic water lines????
The age of some of the mobile homes he has brought up before may very well have metallic water piping.

But that should be taken care of in the mobile home, and keep in mind in those days you could bond a water piping system at any convenient point.

Service equipment for mobile homes is supposed to be a separate structure and the home is supplied by a feeder, so unless the structure with the service equipment on it has water supplied to it I see no need to bond any water line directly to service equipment.

Esthy

I got in! I sleeved 12" of 3/4" pipe with a cap and pounded it, it broke 2 caps. Then I spoke with the inspector and he allowed to bend the less than 2" rod. He knows the problem in that specific area where that pedestal supply more MHs.

Cavie

Esthy,
That rod has hit rock. Adding conduit most likely will not help unless the rock just happens to split or the rod deflects. You could spend a lot of time fooling around with that bent rod and rock. It would probably be just as fast to do as was suggested and drive another rod at an angle.

Have them do that, it's their rod

If it was their rod, we would not be installing them per NEC requirements. POCO's don't follow the NEC.

Cavie

Esthy,

Have them do that, it's their rod

If it was their rod, we would not be installing them per NEC requirements. POCO's don't follow the NEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.