Tester cases and protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetrosA

Electralist recently started a thread about testers and included a few pics of his own, really beat up tools. I see a lot of testers on ebay that look like they've been dragged through a war and I always wonder whether the owners had to buy them themselves or not.

I've used the cases that come with my testers - usually cheap nylon bags with thin straps and velcro. Not a'one of them has lasted anywhere near as long as the tester it was designed to protect. The hard pleather cases are awful. They're tough to open, won't stay open, and crack. The spring loaded thumb clips are a joke.

My solution was to have cases made by a harness maker. Real Lancaster County Amish leatherwork :)

I wanted one style case for my everyday carry tester (Hioki 3282 clamp meter) so that it would attach to my tool pouch. I wanted the second design to be easy to access, have storage for accessories, and be universal in size for different meters as I replace the ones I have. Here are photos of the two styles we came up with together:

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 0
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 0

sparkyrick

I like protecting my tools and testers. I have many things stored in foam lined plastic Plano pistol cases. I get them for around 5 bucks.

Large molded-in handle
2 layers of high-density foam
Secure latches
Thick wall construction for maximum protection
Made in the USA
Weight: Approximately: 1.25 pounds
Shipping Dimensions: Approximately 13 x 8.75 x 3 inches.
Firearm not included.

0000000005054.jpg

JDB3

Wish I was in your area to have a custom tool pouch made. A former telephone guy told me that they made fun of any new guy with an off the rack tool pouch!

PetrosA

If you're serious about wanting a tool pouch, PM me and I'll see if I can't help you out. I'd give you the guys email or website if he had one, but as he's Amish that's not an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.