black annealed tie wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

elecold

Can anyone provide me with the technical specfications for 16 Gauge Black Annealed Steel Roll Off Tie Wire?
Is it listed as a means of support for 2x2 and 2x4 luminarie support?

electricalist

I'm only making an assumption but I think a co worker and I had the is and isn't debate and we couldn't find the answer that states yes on no.

John120/240

Can anyone provide me with the technical specfications for 16 Gauge Black Annealed Steel Roll Off Tie Wire?
Is it listed as a means of support for 2x2 and 2x4 luminarie support?

Iv'e seen it used to secure fixtures in wood frame buildings. The wood joist were no more than 18" above the drop ceiling if that matters. For ceilings in other uses grid support wires were always specified. That is separate wires for fixtures & separate wires for ceiling grid.

Are Zip ties also known as Ty Wraps listed ? They get used frequently for support of MC cable, thermostat wire.

kwired

Electron manager
Iv'e seen it used to secure fixtures in wood frame buildings. The wood joist were no more than 18" above the drop ceiling if that matters. For ceilings in other uses grid support wires were always specified. That is separate wires for fixtures & separate wires for ceiling grid.

Are Zip ties also known as Ty Wraps listed ? They get used frequently for support of MC cable, thermostat wire.
Some are listed AFAIK. Most applications of use don't require them to be listed though.

I suppose in the case of the tie wire in question, if it is a smaller gauge then called for by a code but is listed otherwise to get the task done - it's listing possibly trumps the code requirement.

Somewhat similar example - ground rods. They do not need to be listed, but have minimum size requirements. There are smaller rods that are listed though and are smaller then minimum required size by code.

Status
Not open for further replies.