Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dimmer 0-10v

Dimmer 0-10v

If you have a 0-10v dimmer being wired to 0-10v ballast whatwiring would you use from dimmer to fixture? Jobs allows bx/mc cable. Couldn’t use600v mc cable could you? 120v comes into the switch but I'm think you have to have 24v wires from switch to 0-10v dimming ballast. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    ...Couldn’t use600v mc cable could you?...
    Unless I'm misunderstanding the question, I don't see why not.

Could use low-voltage wires in a 3/8 flex conduit, too, maybe. We run CAT5e, etc, in that, when needed.

If you have a 0-10v dimmer being wired to 0-10v ballast whatwiring would you use from dimmer to fixture? Jobs allows bx/mc cable. Couldn’t use600v mc cable could you? 120v comes into the switch but I'm think you have to have 24v wires from switch to 0-10v dimming ballast. Thanks.
    Preferably not run together. Search the internet for Class 2 class 1 reclassification. There's an abundance of information.

Dimmer 0-10v

This is what we and everyone else I know use when MC is allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Thanks all. So my question is....a 12/3 600v mc cable[ not the one with control wires] would not work/Be allowed to wire the dimmer to the 0-10v ballast? Ty

Thanks all. So my question is....a 12/3 600v mc cable[ not the one with control wires] would not work/Be allowed to wire the dimmer to the 0-10v ballast? Ty
    If you already have the Power for the fixture taken care of, and you are just needing to take care of the 0-10v wiring, you CAN use MC cable, it's just overkill. You could use 2/18 cable.

Quote Originally Posted by brantmacga View Post
    This is what we and everyone else I know use when MC is allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It really isn't as simple as that. The power supply for a dimmer 0-10 is the LED driver. Generally they are Class II and by code this is written on the drivers. Once you install the luminary MC, you have to reclassify the wiring and Class I. That means deleting the reference to class II on all the drivers and treating the entire run as Class I. All wiring is then required to be in conduit. Which is fine, just understand that you can't do a mix of some wire in the same conduit as power wiring and some wiring free air. Either one in isolation is acceptable.

I know what I don't know, and I know where to go to find it!

Quote Originally Posted by Strathead View Post
    It really isn't as simple as that. The power supply for a dimmer 0-10 is the LED driver. Generally they are Class II and by code this is written on the drivers. Once you install the luminary MC, you have to reclassify the wiring and Class I. That means deleting the reference to class II on all the drivers and treating the entire run as Class I. All wiring is then required to be in conduit. Which is fine, just understand that you can't do a mix of some wire in the same conduit as power wiring and some wiring free air. Either one in isolation is acceptable.

Says 0-10v dimming ballast. Suppose that similar to driver.

Says 0-10v dimming ballast. Suppose that similar to driver.
    Yes same difference. That makes me wonder, can fluorescent and LED reside on the same dimmer.

I know what I don't know, and I know where to go to find it!