Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Labor- 3/4" EMT

Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    Really need some feedback. ¾” in EMT with compressionfittings(no wire) run with just KX clips attached to pencil rod( we are allowedto do that). Ceiling/space is wide open, ceilings aren’t up yet so pretty easyinstall. 8’ ceilings and pretty straight runs.

I think .08 or 8 hours per hundred is attainable for mostguys. I was told average is about 11 hours per hundred which seems high to me.Any input would be helpful. Thanks.
    EBM has 3/4" EMT W/ Comp. Couplings at 4.5/C. My field experience dictates more like 4.0/C in walls, 3.8/C for Home runs in ceiling space with little bends.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbridled View Post
    EBM has 3/4" EMT W/ Comp. Couplings at 4.5/C. My field experience dictates more like 4.0/C in walls, 3.8/C for Home runs in ceiling space with little bends.
    That's not just the conduit? Is that what supports and fittings. I doubt it. I think that's just the stick of conduit

That's not just the conduit? Is that what supports and fittings. I doubt it. I think that's just the stick of conduit

Tell us what you came up with....100' 3/4" EMT/WT Couplings/Klips/Rod

Quote Originally Posted by cdslotz View Post
    6.75 hours, this is with five counts( Accubid considers a count a box/enclosure etc....this drives your connectors). So with a count of five it will give 10 connectors. So obviously if you have 100' run of EMT as a homerun and you will have a lot less connectors than 100' EMT for lighting branch where your hitting bunch of 4" boxes and need all these connectors.

You never mentioned connectors or boxes.

How did you account for shooting your own hanger wire drops?

You never mentioned connectors or boxes.

How did you account for shooting your own hanger wire drops?
    None needed here in NYC. Caddy KX clip right to pencil rod(installed by others)

None needed here in NYC. Caddy KX clip right to pencil rod(installed by others)

How does NTC square that rule with this:

From the 2011 NEC
    "300.11 Securing and Supporting.
    (A) Secured in Place. Raceways, cable assemblies, boxes,
    cabinets, and fittings shall be securely fastened in place.
    Support wires that do not provide secure support shall not
    be permitted as the sole support. Support wires and associated fittings that provide secure support and that are installed in addition to the ceiling grid support wires shall be permitted as the sole support. Where independent support wires are used, they shall be secured at both ends. Cables and raceways shall not be supported by ceiling grids.

How does NTC square that rule with this:

From the 2011 NEC
    "300.11 Securing and Supporting.
    (A) Secured in Place. Raceways, cable assemblies, boxes,
    cabinets, and fittings shall be securely fastened in place.
    Support wires that do not provide secure support shall not
    be permitted as the sole support. Support wires and associated fittings that provide secure support and that are installed in addition to the ceiling grid support wires shall be permitted as the sole support. Where independent support wires are used, they shall be secured at both ends. Cables and raceways shall not be supported by ceiling grids.

"pencil rod" as he calls it complies with this section in my opinion. If it doesn't then threaded rod would also be excluded. I have always wondered how J hooks are allowed to support conduit with this code, though.

I know what I don't know, and I know where to go to find it!

This labor unit is just for conduit installation with a coupling and support every 8-10 FT. Generally speaking, only 50-60% of that is actual installation, the remaining percentage is for lay-out, material procurement, etc. No Boxes, hangers or trapezes. I typically, include a connector(s) in the device / box assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbridled View Post
    This labor unit is just for conduit installation with a coupling and support every 8-10 FT. Generally speaking, only 50-60% of that is actual installation, the remaining percentage is for lay-out, material procurement, etc. No Boxes, hangers or trapezes. I typically, include a connector(s) in the device / box assembly.
    That's not what the OP asked us to labor