Troubleshoot Casablanca Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerryB

The customer has a fan only, she said it beeps but nothing happens. If you are familiar with the Casablancas it is the three button control, light fan power, but she has no light. Is there any easy way to troubleshoot? I told her probably need a new fan.
Casablanca Inteli-touch

Last edited:

gaelectric

There's a control module that can be replaced. (lightning?) I've been told that there are only certain electrical companies that are certified by Casablanca to make the repair.

I told the customer I had call me about a similar problem to call the lighting supplier who told me that. Guess they got it fixed. Never heard back from them.

growler

There's a control module that can be replaced. (lightning?) I've been told that there are only certain electrical companies that are certified by Casablanca to make the repair.

I told the customer I had call me about a similar problem to call the lighting supplier who told me that. Guess they got it fixed. Never heard back from them.

I wouldn't have known that. I guess it's possible to learn something new every day. :thumbsup:

GerryB

No need to repair. The whole blade assembly detached from the motor it self. I remember installing some kind of bracket for a casablanca a few years back because they had a recall for this very thing happening on some models. Guess this is one of them so its replacement time.

sparkyrick

I had a recent service call for a non working Hunter ceiling fan. When I opened it up, I pulled apart the Molex connector connecting the controller to the fan. Looking closely at the Moxex connector itself, I notice one pin wasn't seated all the way into the connector from the factory. Once I pushed the pin in all the way and reassembled, the fan worked.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
I had a recent service call for a non working Hunter ceiling fan. When I opened it up, I pulled apart the Molex connector connecting the controller to the fan. Looking closely at the Moxex connector itself, I notice one pin wasn't seated all the way into the connector from the factory. Once I pushed the pin in all the way and reassembled, the fan worked.
Seen that several times on Hunters. Probably more than that I didn't see and told customer to buy new fan.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Just had the same problem with the blade clutch on my lawnmower. But as the pin worked its way out it formed a high resistance connection which melted the nylon shell enough that I could not reseat the pin.
I had to bypass the failed contact with insulation piercing connectors and a jumper. (I could not get replacement connectors.)

John120/240

No need to repair. The whole blade assembly detached from the motor it self. I remember installing some kind of bracket for a casablanca a few years back because they had a recall for this very thing happening on some models. Guess this is one of them so its replacement time.

I guess I'm not the only one whose seen the blade to motor separation.

Status
Not open for further replies.