Thread: X-10 time to upgrade

X-10 time to upgrade

I have had X-10 for 40 years, has worked great, now would like to upgrade. Levition has a Z-Wave system, what else is there
    Moderator-Washington State
    Ancora Imparo

Z-wave devices are out there from MANY manufacturers -- G.E., Leviton, Honeywell, Samsung, Wink, and many others. One of the cool things about Z-wave is that you can mix and match manufacturers. I have a mixture of Samsung, Honeywell, Schlage, G.E., Leviton, Inovelli, and no-name devices in my home.
    CIAO!

Ed N.

Quote Originally Posted by tom baker View Post
    I have had X-10 for 40 years, has worked great, now would like to upgrade. Levition has a Z-Wave system, what else is there
    Lutron has quality products, and their wireless is on a proprietary frequency , making radio a solid wireless system. Most supply houses have Lutron training available, best to go to a local supply house, take a look at the product lines, maybe talk to a Rep, and get training if needed. I think I think I still have a old x10 powerline signal analyzer kicking around, a useful tool back in the day. There are also several newer powerline carrier systems as well.