Thread: Utah Journeyman License By Reciprocation Practical Test Requirement

Utah Journeyman License By Reciprocation Practical Test Requirement

I recommended a friend from Wyoming that holds an current Wyoming Journeyman Electricians License
    to take job at the SLC Airport Expansion project in Salt Lake City, and he said that he called the licensing
    board of Utah, and they told him that before he can get a JM by reciprocation he must pass a Practical
    Electrical test in Utah. I know they did this in Colorado around 8 or 9 years ago.

Does anybody have any feed back on this issue?

Some states may want them to take the Prometric exam,

Quote Originally Posted by WashingtonPM View Post
    I recommended a friend from Wyoming that holds an current Wyoming Journeyman Electricians License
    to take job at the SLC Airport Expansion project in Salt Lake City, and he said that he called the licensing
    board of Utah, and they told him that before he can get a JM by reciprocation he must pass a Practical
    Electrical test in Utah. I know they did this in Colorado around 8 or 9 years ago.

Does anybody have any feed back on this issue?
    Yes, Wyoming and Utah have reciprocity agreements for journeyman. BUT since Wyoming does not have a "practical" portion on their licensing exam and Utah does, Utah requires a Wyoming license holder to take the practical portion of their exam to reciprocate into Utah.
    I would also add that the Wyoming license would have to have been achieved by exam, not by reciprocity from another state.