CH inductive prox heads...

Status
Not open for further replies.
NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
What would cause three inductive DC powered prox heads to fail in 24hrs? PVC conduit where buried, EMT above ground. Conductors are THHN. Do I need shielded?

Powered from a ML1400 PLC.

He scanned the head with an Infrared and found the, two in the sunlight, to be about 140 degree. Need shade? The third is not in the sun but the ambient may be over 100 degree at operation. Max temp allowed is 150.

Tony S

Our casting plant was nearly all CH PX?s.

They don?t like being hot, damp (don?t ask me why) or vibration.

Anywhere heat was liable to be a problem we changed to P&F

We tried waterproofing covers from CH, they were a disaster, they trapped moisture in!

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Not familiar with P&F. Full name?
Pepperel + Fuchs (careful how you say that).

But if you have the C-H E51 NEMA style limit switch style proxes, I don't thing P+F have that, they are an IEC manufacturer.

I have had no end of trouble with C-H inductives over the years, I hated them. The one I used to replace them, and NEVER had a single issue, was from a small company called Go Switch (now owned by Emerson I see).
http://www2.emersonprocess.com/en-US/brands/topworx/GOSwitch/SquareSensors/Pages/SquareSensors.aspx

Tony S

Pepperel + Fuchs (careful how you say that).

But if you have the C-H E51 NEMA style limit switch style proxes, I don't thing P+F have that, they are an IEC manufacturer.

I have had no end of trouble with C-H inductives over the years, I hated them. The one I used to replace them, and NEVER had a single issue, was from a small company called Go Switch (now owned by Emerson I see).
http://www2.emersonprocess.com/en-US/brands/topworx/GOSwitch/SquareSensors/Pages/SquareSensors.aspx

If you were over here you'd think twice about that ;-)

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
If you were over here you'd think twice about that ;-)
The name means fox in German. Better yet, there is a company in the UK (you likely already know this) called Fuchs Lubricants.

There is a college basketball payer in Canada with that unfortunate last name (except he actually spells it with the k at the end), he made headlines this year because his school refused to put his name on his jersey for fear that it might offend other people. He protested and won the right to use his name on his jersey just like everyone else.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
The name means fox in German. Better yet, there is a company in the UK (you likely already know this) called Fuchs Lubricants.

There is a college basketball payer in Canada with that unfortunate last name (except he actually spells it with the k at the end), he made headlines this year because his school refused to put his name on his jersey for fear that it might offend other people. He protested and won the right to use his name on his ersey just like everyone else.
".... but them Fokkers vas Messerschmidts."
(old joke)

Status
Not open for further replies.