Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Millwork Recept.

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    5,483
    I think I just thought of a new product that's needed (may exist) but that I have not seen.

    A box template with a level and center marks. Stick it up there, center and level and mark your box opening. I'm sure that carpenters and cabinet people could still screw it up but they would get a lot closer than they do now.
    The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,731
    Quote Originally Posted by growler View Post
    I think I just thought of a new product that's needed (may exist) but that I have not seen.

    A box template with a level and center marks. Stick it up there, center and level and mark your box opening. I'm sure that carpenters and cabinet people could still screw it up but they would get a lot closer than they do now.
    You mean like this?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	madison-electric-products-tool-accessories-msbtrac1-64_1000.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	18949

    Also here:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51qjKJ7VX5L._SL1000_.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	18950

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    5,483
    [QUOTE=gadfly56;1872437]You mean like this?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	madison-electric-products-tool-accessories-msbtrac1-64_1000.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	18949

    QUOTE]


    Looks pretty good. I like the idea of the rubber backing so it won't slip around while being traced.

    Heck I may even buy one. In a tight spot that would make tracing easy. I wonder if a couple of hole where you could use sheet rock screws to hold while traceing would help Talking about in a tight spot where it's hard to hold and see at the same time.
    The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,731
    [QUOTE=growler;1872444]
    Quote Originally Posted by gadfly56 View Post
    You mean like this?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	madison-electric-products-tool-accessories-msbtrac1-64_1000.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	18949

    QUOTE]


    Looks pretty good. I like the idea of the rubber backing so it won't slip around while being traced.

    Heck I may even buy one. In a tight spot that would make tracing easy. I wonder if a couple of hole where you could use sheet rock screws to hold while traceing would help Talking about in a tight spot where it's hard to hold and see at the same time.
    If you look at the second one that's exactly what it has. In fact, it's designed to be used as the jig for a router; the base is 1/4" thick.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    534

    Oscillating tool - cut in box

    This looks pretty cool for oscillating tools: https://www.amazon.com/Qbit-SQ1000-S...E3Y6E8HA6HDHDZ

    Not sure how well they work, or if they cut wood, just interesting. 2 gang available too.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Michigan. It's a beautiful penninsula, I've looked around.
    Posts
    9,428
    Quote Originally Posted by gadfly56 View Post
    Have you ever tried a RotoZip for this kind of work?
    I have. I prefer the oscillating tools. The RotoZip makes a lot of dust and the bits don't last very long. They don't make nice straight cuts, either. You can't get a RotoZip up close against a wall like you can with a oscillating tool.
    Cheers and Stay Safe,

    Marky the Sparky

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NE Nebraska
    Posts
    33,423
    Quote Originally Posted by gadfly56 View Post
    Have you ever tried a RotoZip for this kind of work?
    Yes they work great for a lot of things, but do make quite the mess compared to oscillation tool.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NE Nebraska
    Posts
    33,423
    Quote Originally Posted by growler View Post
    I think I just thought of a new product that's needed (may exist) but that I have not seen.

    A box template with a level and center marks. Stick it up there, center and level and mark your box opening. I'm sure that carpenters and cabinet people could still screw it up but they would get a lot closer than they do now.
    I have a box cut out template in one of my toolboxes. It is cut out of a scrap of 1/4 inch plywood.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,663
    Thanks guys.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,663
    Ok, thanks. Would you need an extension ring as I would imagine you would have the sheetrock and millwork giving you about an 1-1-1/2'
    Last edited by mstrlucky74; Yesterday at 09:59 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •