Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Millwork Recept.

I think I just thought of a new product that's needed (may exist) but that I have not seen.

A box template with a level and center marks. Stick it up there, center and level and mark your box opening. I'm sure that carpenters and cabinet people could still screw it up but they would get a lot closer than they do now.
    The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by growler View Post
    I think I just thought of a new product that's needed (may exist) but that I have not seen.

A box template with a level and center marks. Stick it up there, center and level and mark your box opening. I'm sure that carpenters and cabinet people could still screw it up but they would get a lot closer than they do now.
    You mean like this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	madison-electric-products-tool-accessories-msbtrac1-64_1000.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	18949

Also here:

Name:	51qjKJ7VX5L._SL1000_.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	18950

[QUOTE=gadfly56;1872437]You mean like this?

QUOTE]

Looks pretty good. I like the idea of the rubber backing so it won't slip around while being traced.

Heck I may even buy one. In a tight spot that would make tracing easy. I wonder if a couple of hole where you could use sheet rock screws to hold while traceing would help Talking about in a tight spot where it's hard to hold and see at the same time.
    The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

[QUOTE=growler;1872444]
    Quote Originally Posted by gadfly56 View Post
    You mean like this?

QUOTE]

Looks pretty good. I like the idea of the rubber backing so it won't slip around while being traced.

Heck I may even buy one. In a tight spot that would make tracing easy. I wonder if a couple of hole where you could use sheet rock screws to hold while traceing would help Talking about in a tight spot where it's hard to hold and see at the same time.
    If you look at the second one that's exactly what it has. In fact, it's designed to be used as the jig for a router; the base is 1/4" thick.

Oscillating tool - cut in box

This looks pretty cool for oscillating tools: https://www.amazon.com/Qbit-SQ1000-S...E3Y6E8HA6HDHDZ

Not sure how well they work, or if they cut wood, just interesting. 2 gang available too.

Michigan. It's a beautiful penninsula, I've looked around.
    Have you ever tried a RotoZip for this kind of work?
    I have. I prefer the oscillating tools. The RotoZip makes a lot of dust and the bits don't last very long. They don't make nice straight cuts, either. You can't get a RotoZip up close against a wall like you can with a oscillating tool.
    Cheers and Stay Safe,

Marky the Sparky

Have you ever tried a RotoZip for this kind of work?
    Yes they work great for a lot of things, but do make quite the mess compared to oscillation tool.

Quote Originally Posted by growler View Post

I have a box cut out template in one of my toolboxes. It is cut out of a scrap of 1/4 inch plywood.

Thanks guys.

Ok, thanks. Would you need an extension ring as I would imagine you would have the sheetrock and millwork giving you about an 1-1-1/2'
    Last edited by mstrlucky74; Yesterday at 09:59 PM.