Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Millwork Recept.

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    5,483
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    Ok, thanks. Would you need an extension ring as I would imagine you would have the sheetrock and millwork giving you about an 1-1-1/2'
    If I understand what you are talking about the answer is no.

    You use an old works box. Not as much room as 1900 box and extension ring. But it can mount without having a stud for support. Depending on the amount of room you could use a deep metal old works box and extra length madison bars ( same company that make the template).

    The old works box fit into the hole that's cut and is flush with the surface of the millwork. Ears keep it from going in to far and the madison bars keep it from pulling out.
    The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Clark County, NV
    Posts
    435
    I thought we were dealing with a preexisting box in the wall and millwork going over the top of it.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,663
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    I thought we were dealing with a preexisting box in the wall and millwork going over the top of it.
    No, new install.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    23,770
    If the box is in the Sheetrock wall you can use an adjustable cover to bring it out.

    Rob

    Moderator

    All responses based on the 2014 NEC unless otherwise noted

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Miami Fla.
    Posts
    7,373
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity View Post
    If the box is in the Sheetrock wall you can use an adjustable cover to bring it out.

    Can you get a GFCI in that? Looks like the angled corners would be prohibitive.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    23,770
    Quote Originally Posted by chris kennedy View Post
    Can you get a GFCI in that? Looks like the angled corners would be prohibitive.
    You might be right. That would be a good thing to check before installing these.
    Rob

    Moderator

    All responses based on the 2014 NEC unless otherwise noted

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •