Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: radio tower affecting FIRE ALARM SYSTEM

I had some second thoughts about this, and are you 100% its the radio that is the problem? Have you checked everything else?

Is everything is wired correctly? Could there be a bad device or connection on the last loop that is killing the network communication? Are all the cables terminated properly, and is the EOL connected?

I'm not surprised you hear a radio station on the tone locator, but it has an amplifier in it, so it will amplify any small signal it receives. It might even be picking up the radio station on the short 3 or 4" leads attached to the toner.

Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min without traffic from winged horses.
    Quote Originally Posted by junkhound View Post
    Conduit and compression fittings.
    Conduit yes. Compression fittings got nothing to add.

I got to run a bunch of 3/4 emt and pull a new cat 5 at hospital because the naked cat 5 was triggering a code pink. Code pink means there is newborn baby being abducted and the whole hospital goes into lockdown.

We used set screw fittings and everything worked out fine.
    Once in a while you get shown the light
    In the strangest of places if you look at it right. Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by ActionDave View Post
    Conduit yes. Compression fittings got nothing to add.

I got to run a bunch of 3/4 emt and pull a new cat 5 at hospital because the naked cat 5 was triggering a code pink. Code pink means there is newborn baby being abducted and the whole hospital goes into lockdown.

We used set screw fittings and everything worked out fine.
    I don't like compression fittings. They always seem to find a way to loosen up, and if there's enough slack in the run the EMT separates. I've always used screw fittings and tighten down until I put a dimple in the tube.