Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Repair Garage Wiring

Quote Originally Posted by rcarroll View Post
    NM was allowed above a commercial dropped ceiling until 2002.
    Yep, the NEC got rid of the height limit and added the restriction for for above non resi drop ceilings IIRC.
    "Electricity is really just organized lightning." George Carlin

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by goldstar View Post
    Thanks. I’m glad you brought that to my attention. Why didn’t I learn that in a CEU class ?

I recently replaced about 10 troffers in an office space that had NM cable to all the fixtures. I’m guessing that was grandfathered in.
    It was about 2002...
    Moderator-Washington State
    Ancora Imparo

This is kind of a sad commentary on my behalf. I generally have about 60 CEU credit hours racked up over the course of a 3-year period and I don't remember this code change. Certainly a teachable moment for me. Anybody have that crow recipe available ?

As luck would have it we had an exec board meeting last night for our contractors association and I brought this topic up. Only myself and one other out of the six of us was aware of this code change. Perhaps we need a new CEU instructor.

When the code changes, buy a book of only code changes and read it.
    Unlimited Electric Contractor/Standard Electric Inspector/Traffic Signal Inspector/Highway Lighting and Level One Traffic Signal Installer.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.